Best software for sharpening and DeNoise

Need software recommendations, please. I currently have the LR and PS subscription, tho’ admittedly I’m pretty lame at my PS skills. I’m mostly looking for a better sharpening and de-noise program.
I’m looking at the Topaz Image Quality Bundle, which includes Sharpen AI, Gigapixel AI, DeNoise AI and Jpeg to Raw AI…the B&W program would need to purchased separately. Image Quality Bundle – Topaz Labs

And then I’m also considering the Dxo Nik Collection…Nik Collection 3.3 - 25th anniversary - 25 new presets It has SilverEfex Pro 2, which would also be great to have.

My main criteria are of course how well they work and ease of use as a plug-in for Lightroom and PS. I would appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks!

If I were choosing between these options I would go with Topaz DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI. I think that Topaz makes some pretty dubious claims with their Jpeg To Raw AI program but their DeNoise / Sharpen AI options are truly industry leaders.

Although I have been a huge fan of the Nik Collection for a decade so far DxO has done nothing to improve their underlying technology. They have kept the Nik Collection family functional as computers have evolved but so far we have seen no innovation in these products in many years.

I hope this helps!

David Marx

1 Like