MacBook Pro Display Calibration Issues

Hey y’all!

I’ve been having some trouble calibrating my display on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro Retina running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I’m using the X-Rite ColorMunki Display calibration system, and I’ve done easy and advanced profiling. The color and contrast results vary (and I’m not in largely different lighting environments). On my MBP, the new calibration profile often looks looks good, but then when I look at the same photos on another calibrated MBP screen, they have way too much saturation and contrast.

Night Shift is not activated and I have not other auto color settings active for my display.

Any thoughts on this? Do older MBP screens start to lose their ability to display correctly? Any tips on how to dial in my calibration?

Thanks!

Tyson

• P.S: When I open the ColorMunki application, I get a message that it’s not optimized for this version and future versions of macOS. Could this be contributing to the issue?

I beat my head against the wall on this issue for so long . . . I have found excellent results using DisplayCal, which is a free program. It takes some sleuthing to get all of the settings correct for your machine, but once you do, they are saved, and the calibration is way more consistent with other computers/external monitors. Heads up the calibration takes a bit longer than Xrite’s.

Hope this works!
d.

1 Like

@railtramp Thanks, Dan! I’ll give it a look.