Nikon Z 7 - need a lens!

Hi guys, Great to be on the forum and see these familiar names. I just bought a Nikon Z7 ii and am looking for my first lens. I was thinking of starting with the Nikkor Z 24-70 f/2.8 for landscape and portraits. Thoughts? I mainly do landscapes but want to do portraits and everyday stuff too.

Alternatively I could buy a Nikor z 14-28 f/2.8 and really rock on the landscapes but then would need to buy something else for portraits. Cant spend the money to buy both immediately!

OK - sorry but instant gratification. I thought it would be fun to go to a trusted and reliable fixed 500 mm lens. So my first Z lens will be the Nikkor z 50 f/1.8

I have the 14-24 2.8 and is one of my favorite lenses especially for landscapes. I also have the 24-70 2.8 and is one of the best all around lenses you can buy, it will cover just about anything you need to shoot.
But you can not go wrong with the trusty old nifty fifty. There is a reason why this lens has always been around nice and fast and light weight.
Enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks Carter. I feel I will succumb to temptation and buy the 14-24 soon, but till then I will enjoy the nifty fifty!!