Syncing and LR CLassic

Given:
I use LR Classic
Mac Desktop
Big Sur iOS fully updated
I save all work to an external drive

Issue:
Lately (within the last 2 months) and seemingly, since I purchased a new laptop I receive the follow message when I open up the program:

" Lightroom cannot write to the following directories. Until this problem is resolved, syncing from Lightroom may not function correctly."

The the directory listed is my old external drive:?Volumes/Main Photo Drive 2019/Photos Go Here

As I mentioned ,this is my old external photo drive which is not even connected to my computer. I don’t know why I am receiving this message - I have never even synced my work to another location. Is this an important message or can I just keep ignoring it? I know nothing about this feature, including it 's purpose much less setup.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

Dear Robin,

I believe that you are seeing this message because your Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Preferences is still telling the program to put the files that Lightroom syncs via the cloud on your old external hard drive.

I suggest that you open up Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic’s Preferences and take a close look at settings inside of the Lightroom Sync Tab.

David Marx